Likes sweets? 5 Ways to keep your sweet tooth intact this New Year!
Okotoks Dentist Dr. Vicki provides 5 ways to help keep your teeth intact this New Year even if you have Sweet Tooth.
1. Try to enjoy sweets with your meals
- Saliva production increases during meals, which can help neutralize acid being produced and rinse food particles from the mouth.
2. Stay away from between-meals and snacks
- If you are craving a sweet treat, chew gum that contains Xylitol.
3. Keep up good oral health habits
- Brush food and plaque away after every meal. Always ensure that you are brushing your teeth twice per day, flossing once per day, and visiting your dentist every 6 months.
4. Drink plenty of water
- Consuming plenty of water can help prevent tooth decay and rinse food particles away. Especially if you are unable to brush your teeth.
5. Be Prepared
- Keep a toothbrush, travel sized toothpaste and floss in your bag or car. Then you’ll have no excuse to skip good habits when someone hands you the sweets tray at your next gathering.